Comprehensive platform migration and product upgrade services in the payments domain!
Business demands, statutory requirements and technology advances create a need to migrate an existing payment application to a new platform, or upgrading an existing application. These activities pose several challenges like thorough evaluation and understanding of the new IT environment, documented processes of all the activities, careful analysis of risks, testing and certifications at different levels, compliance with various entities, and ensuring continual customer services post migration.
FSS Migration and Upgrade Services focus on enabling banks to upgrade the hardware and software platforms of their payment applications with minimal or no disruption to the customer service. FSS upgrade services draw credibility from the experience in successful implementation of payments technology solution, and managing several migrations of ‘live’ payment environments to a new platform. FSS teams have carried out over 100 successful migrations and upgrade exercises for over 50 Indian and global clients. These include seamless switch migration from distributed to core banking solutions, critical switch and cardholder data migration, payment systems consolidation during mergers and acquisitions, switch application version upgrades, and over 10 switch migrations – from legacy systems to new generation.
FSS’ payments industry expertise and best practices help banks capitalize on proven deployment principles identifying the optimal IT strategy, and make key technology choices. Led by specialized and dedicated team of experts, FSS migration and upgrade services ensure effective application transformation, with optimal business outcome.
- Comprehensive project management and reporting
- Documentation of all processes with impacts, risks, and fall back methods
- Continuous review of processes at all stages during execution
- Assistance to host / interchange developers
- Application support during unit, integration and system testing phases
- Certification with major card brand interchanges
- Performance monitoring post migration/upgrade
- Customer education and training
- Experience in managing over 100 successful migrations, upgrades, and consolidations for over 50 customers
- Knowledgeable in legacy/contemporary payment systems, host systems. interchanges, mandates and certification processes
- Consulting services during mergers and acquisitions
- Post-migration support to assist the bank stabilizes operations on the new technology platform
Customers also have derived value from FSS Project Management & Implementation services for managing specific migration / upgrade activities, and also Onsite Technical Support services for post migration support.